For many years, we have associated inflammation with arthritic conditions. Perhaps that is because it is the most tangible source of inflammation – you can see and feel the pain of a swollen joint. But inflammation is not just about what you see or feel. It is also about what is going on in your cells long before outward signs emerge.
Your body requires some level of inflammation as part of the normal process of living. Inflammation is a natural response your body uses to protect itself, fight off infection and speed up healing. You've experienced your body's inflammatory response if you've ever had a fever, a sore throat with swollen glands, or an infected cut that's become red and warm to the touch. This is a typical (acute) inflammatory response, a sign your body's immune system is resolving the problem. Once the infection has cleared, the inflammatory signals return to normal
However, too much inflammation can create imbalances in the body and is characterized as "chronic inflammation." Chronic inflammation can take years to manifest into disease. Chronic inflammation occurs when your immune system continues to produce inflammatory markers, prompting your white blood cells to attack healthy tissues and organs. Chronic inflammation generally "flies" below the threshold of pain and visible symptoms but wreaks havoc on the body, causing very challenging diseases.
- Chronic inflammation is recognized as a contributing factor to heart disease by increasing C-reactive protein, increasing the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Inflammation impacts diabetes by causing more insulin resistance, worsening diabetes symptoms and, in some cases, can also be the root cause of the first stages of Type II Diabetes.
- Uncontrolled chronic inflammation is now recognized as a predominant factor in Alzheimer's disease due to the sustained immune response in the brain, causing brain "macrophages" to overproduce cells and affect the healing process of brain cells.
- Digestive and bowel disorders are often caused by inflammation (leaky gut syndrome, IBS, colitis, Crohn's).
- Other chronic diseases include lung disorders, whereby the inflammatory response causes fluid to accumulate in the lungs, narrowing the breathing pathways.
- The most obvious signs of chronic inflammation are the various forms of arthritis because you can visibly see the effects and feel the pain. However, other symptoms of chronic inflammation could include skin rashes, eye inflammation, hair loss, dry mouth and difficulty losing weight (negatively influencing hunger signals and slowing down metabolism
Signs Your Chronic Inflammation Needs Attention
- Persistent low back or hip pain not associated with an injury
- Skin disorders such as psoriasis & eczema
- Swollen lymph nodes not associated with a specific disease
- Excess Mucus Production
- Mouth Sores & Chronic bleeding gums
- Chronic tiredness and lack of energy
- Gastrointestinal Problems (chronic bloating, gas, abdominal pain and stomach distention)
- Difficulty losing weight (even with healthy diet & exercise routine)
- Insulin Resistance (increased thirst, headaches, trouble concentrating, fatigue, blurred vision)
- Chronic dry eyes
- Brain Fog
- Imbalance & dizziness
- Consistent brain fog with no clear diagnosis
- Muscle Weakness & Joint Pain
- Cardiovascular disease (arteriosclerosis)
- Blood Clotting disorders
- Autoimmune disorders
Managing Inflammation Requires Long-Term Commitment
Managing inflammation requires healing at the cellular level. Science & medical intervention treats the symptoms of chronic inflammation and the diseases that result from inflammation, but managing inflammation requires reducing the inflammation at the cellular level.
Herbal supplements also show great promise in reducing the body's chronic inflammatory response. Curcumin is the most recognized and researched for its ability to inhibit the body's production of inflammatory-signalling compounds. Using curcumin supplements can help slow the body's production of eicosanoids (inflammatory compounds) to bring levels back to normal. As a result, chronic systemic inflammation in the body significantly decreases. The healing benefits of Curcumin are very dependent on the raw materials used in the product and how they are processed to ensure the product is bioavailable (how much you absorb). Natural Factors has a full line of curcumin-based products to support the various forms of inflammation affecting your body.
CurcuminRich Double Strength- #1 absorbed form
CurcuminRich Double Strength Theracurmin unlocks the medicinal power of Curcumin. It is made with Theracurmin, the #1 absorbed form of Curcumin available. Its high absorption and bioavailability provide more significant support for your body's natural inflammatory response and added antioxidant protection.
Use this supplement if you have systemic inflammation with unknown causes or suffer from any form of gastrointestinal disease, chronic tiredness, unexplained weight gain, metabolic syndrome, dry eyes. Autoimmune disorders or balance problems
Healthy joint function- Natural Factors CurcuminRich Joint Optimizer
Natural Factors CurcuminRich Joint Optimizer contains a synergistic combination of herbal extracts that are effective for natural joint pain relief and healthy joint function. Theracurmin™ Curcumin and supercharged extracts of white willow, devil's claw, Boswellia, and InflamRelief™ complex exert powerful antioxidant actions and support a healthy inflammatory response. Together, they help relieve the joint pain associated with osteoarthritis, offer short-term relief for low back pain, and support joint health, comfort, and function
Use this supplement to provide relief from lower back pain and relieve joint pain from osteoarthritis
Mind and memory optimizer- CurcuminRich Memory Optimizer
CurcuminRich Memory Optimizer provides comprehensive support for cognitive health and brain function throughout life, particularly in later years. This innovative formula includes key botanical extracts that have shown the potential to inhibit the development of amyloid plaques in the brain, which are associated with cognitive dysfunction. These natural extracts also support a healthy inflammatory response, protect cell membranes, neurons and synapses, and promote healthy neurotransmitter function.
Use this supplement if you show symptoms of brain fog, memory decline or have a history of degenerative brain diseases
Healthy heart and systemic inflammation -CurcuminRich Whole Body Optimizer
Natural Factors CurcuminRich Whole Body Optimizer combines antioxidant Theracurmin™, the #1 absorbed form of curcumin*, with omega-3 EPA/DHA and supercharged extracts of Boswellia, antioxidant-rich InflamRelief™ Complex, and astaxanthin, for a multifaceted approach to whole-body wellness. This unique formula is ideal for supporting the body's natural inflammatory response.
Use this supplement to support cardiovascular health, & immune health,
Muscle optimization after exercise -CurcuminRich Muscle Recovery
CurcuminRich Muscle Recovery & Growth Optimizer is a highly absorbable formula for muscle recovery and growth that combines Theracurmin, the most bioavailable form of Curcumin available, with micronized L-glutamine. Together, Theracurmin and L-glutamine support the body's recovery from physical stress by exerting potent antioxidant activity and supporting a healthy inflammatory response. It encourages muscle cell repair and growth, especially following strenuous exercise, and supports immune and digestive system health to help protect against infections following prolonged or intense exercise.
Use this supplement to aid in muscle cell repair after exercise of physical exertion. This supplement is also beneficial for gut health and illness that affect muscle control.
This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. The information contains factual and researched-based information to help you make a more informed decision about your health and well-being. Due to the therapeutic results of these supplements, it is essential to review and discuss any interactions with your prescribed medications or health conditions with your health care provider