Ultimate Performance for Men When You Need Extra Drive
Assured Natural believes that men's health is important and that their needs are different, and created a line of supplements meant to target the unique needs of men as they age. One of the most significant areas of concern for men is decreasing testosterone, not only due to its impact on possible reduced sexual response but the other health concerns that can accompany declining testosterone.
Testosterone production begins to decline in men between 30 and 35. While it is often dismissed as part of the normal aging process, it can affect energy, red blood cell production, performance, muscle mass, fat distribution, hair growth/loss, and emotional and cognitive well-being. As men age, the levels of another hormone – sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) – typically increase. As this specific hormone increases, it takes over free-flowing testosterone in the blood leading to symptoms of low testosterone.
Did you know low testosterone is more common in men who are overweight or obese and in men who get little physical exercise? The science is still evolving in this area, but there is strong evidence linking obesity, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and testosterone deficiency, as well as an increased risk of cardiovascular problems. The major factors affecting testosterone levels are:
- Older age
- Raised levels of luteinizing hormone (suggesting impaired testicular function)
- Obesity or overweight (excess fat cells can increase estrogen and leptin)
- Low thyroid function
- Some types of inflammatory disorders and autoimmune diseases
- Some prescribed medication
Symptoms of low testosterone
Low testosterone has been associated with a range of symptoms. In the study mentioned earlier, men with low levels of testosterone reported the following symptoms:
- Low libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Osteoporosis/bone fracture
- Two or more nonspecific symptoms, including:
- Sleep disturbance
- Depressed mood
- Memory loss
- Diminished physical performance
Feel Great Again! Improve energy, performance, and vitality.
Assured Naturals Ultimate Performance with Tongkat Ali damiana powder, niacin, zinc, and BioPerine provides a comprehensive approach to maintaining testosterone levels and a healthy libido.
Tongkat ali, also known as Malaysian ginseng, is well-documented for helping to increase testosterone levels. This effect increases the body's anabolic status and is believed to further benefit people by improving their libido and fertility. In a clinical study, physically active men were supplemented with 400 mg of tongkat ali extract daily for five weeks. Supplementation benefitted both men with significant increases in total and free testosterone levels and muscle strength.
Epimedium grandiflorum, also known as yin yang huo, is used in herbal medicine as an aphrodisiac and in traditional Chinese medicine for patterns of kidney yang deficiency with symptoms such as spermatorrhea, soreness, and weakness of the lower back and knees. The main bioactive component of Epimedium species is icariin, which has been shown through animal studies to help with erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow and relaxation of smooth muscle tissue.
Damiana (Turnera diffusa) has been used historically as a natural aphrodisiac and is a recognized homeopathic aid for sexual debility and central nervous system disorders, such as anxiety. Flavonoids and other compounds present in extracts of Turnera diffusa may participate in its pro-sexual effect, thereby supporting those with sexual dysfunction.
BioPerine is a 50:1 black pepper extract standardized to 95% piperine, an active alkaloid that supports digestive function and enhances the bioavailability of nutrients and herbs. Animal studies show that piperine supplementation improves blood testosterone levels and supports normal serotonin levels, an important "feel-good" neurotransmitter.
Zinc is an essential mineral needed for protein metabolism and sexual function. It plays a role in the body's testosterone regulation, with research showing that zinc supplementation helps increase testosterone levels in older men with marginal zinc deficiency. (4) Niacin is also an essential nutrient with important roles in blood lipid levels and sexual health. A placebo-controlled trial demonstrated that 12 weeks of supplementation with niacin improved erectile function in men with moderate-to-severe erectile dysfunction and high blood lipids.
Assured Natural Ultimate Product line for Men also supports other areas of aging men.
50% of men between 51-60 and 90% over 80 suffer from benign prostate enlargement. Two main risk factors for BPH are advancing age and family history, which are out of their control. What can be controlled is knowing the risks, the symptoms and how to take preventative measures to reduce your statistical probability.
The severity of symptoms in people with prostate gland enlargement varies, but symptoms tend to worsen gradually. Common signs and symptoms of BPH include:
- • Frequent or urgent need to urinate
- • Increased frequency of urination at night (nocturia)
- • Difficulty starting urination
- • Weak urine stream or a stream that stops and starts
- • Dribbling at the end of urination
- • Inability to empty the bladder
- • Urinary tract infection
- • Blood in the urine
Ultimate Prostate is a synergistic blend of vitamins, minerals & phytonutrients that helps relieve the urologic symptoms associated with mild to moderate benign prostatic hyperplasia and the discomfort of prostate enlargement. Containing Saw Palmetto & other potent plant extracts, Ultimate Prostate helps improve urinary health, reduces the frequency of urination, relieves urinary tract discomfort, reduces swelling & pain, protects & nourishes the prostate and can help reduce the discomfort of prostate enlargement.
There isn't much difference in cortisol production between men and women, but the hormone oxytocin is a different story. When stress strikes, hormones called cortisol and epinephrine works together to raise blood pressure and circulating blood sugar level. At the same time, cortisol also lowers the effectiveness of the immune system to ward off illness.
In times of stress for women, oxytocin is released from the brain, countering the production of cortisol and epinephrine, which are released into the bloodstream at the first signs of stress. Oxytocin promotes relaxation and nurturing emotions. However, while men also secrete the hormone oxytocin in times of stress, it's in much smaller amounts, leaving men on the short end of the stick for calming hormones. Rather than producing a more calm, relaxed state, they get more "fired up." Couple this with how society has raised men to compartmentalize their emotions, stress, and anger, and the result is that men tend to have more health-related issues caused by unmanaged stress.
The Ultimate Anti-Stress formula contains natural adaptogens such as; Rhodiola, Ashwagandha, and Valerian Root to help keep stress under control by normalizing the body's response to stress and balancing cortisol levels.
- • Normalizes adrenal function
- • Improves overall ability to deal with excessive stress
- • Induces relaxation without sedation
Ultimate Male Energy helps reduce excess body fat, increase natural testosterone production, preserve and build muscle tissue, enhance cellular repair mechanisms and overall liver function, and maintain prostate health.
- • Reduces excess body, fat-especially in the abdominal region
- • Increases the body's natural production of testosterone
- • Preserves and builds lean muscle tissue
- • It helps maintain prostate health
- • It helps the body deal with excess stress
Andropause describes age-related changes in male hormone levels. (Also known as testosterone deficiency, androgen deficiency). While dropping testosterone in men may be a natural part of aging. The increased presence of estrogens (from man-made chemicals BPA, BPS, and Phthalates) mimics hormones like estrogen in aging men. This is not only concerning but can lead to early-onset andropause. Male menopause can cause physical, sexual, and psychological problems. They typically worsen as you get older. They can include:
- • low energy
- • depression or sadness
- • decreased motivation
- • lowered self-confidence
- • difficulty concentrating
- • insomnia or difficulty sleeping
- • increased body fat
- • reduced muscle mass and feelings of physical weakness
- • gynecomastia, or development of breasts
- • decreased bone density
- • erectile dysfunction
- • reduced libido
- • infertility
Ultimate Maca Energy is a cutting-edge formula designed to tone hormonal processes by acting on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands. Clinical studies show that maca helps balance estrogen, follicle-stimulating hormones, progesterone, and adrenocorticotropic hormone levels. It helps to increase increases free testosterone levels and decreases estrogen dominance. It provides increased overall energy, reduces stress and supports mood.
Caution: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you suffer from a hormone-sensitive condition or if you are taking other medications or natural health products. Do not use if you have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, or yin-deficient fire. Discontinue treatment and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms of dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, nosebleed, diarrhea, abdominal distention, headaches, rash, or gastric disturbances appear. People sensitive to nicotinic acid may experience flushing of the skin that is generally mild and transient. Keep out of reach of children.
- 1. Lindau, S.T., Schumm, L.P., Laumann, E.O., et al. (2007). A study of sexuality and health among older adults in the United States. N Engl J Medicine, 357(8), 762-74.
- 2. Henkel, R.R., Wang, R., Bassett, S.H., et al. (2014). Tongkat Ali as a potential herbal supplement for physically active male and female seniors – A pilot study.
- Phytother Res, 28(4), 544-50.
- 3. Sze, S.C., Tong, Y, Ng, T.B., et al. (2010). Herba Epimedii: Anti-oxidative properties and its medical implications. Molecules, 15(11), 7861-70.
- 4. Prasad, A.S., Mantzoros, C.S., Beck, F.W., et al. (1996). Zinc status and serum testosterone levels of healthy adults. Nutrition, 12(5), 344-8.
- 5. Ng, C.F., Lee, C.P., Ho A.L., et al. (2011). Effect of niacin on erectile dysfunction in men suffering from erectile dysfunction and dyslipidemia. J Sexual Med, 8(10),
- 6. Ismail, S.B., Wan Mohammad, W.M., George, A., et al. (2012). Randomized clinical trial on the use of PHYSTA freeze-dried water extract of Eurycoma longifolia for
- the improvement of quality of life and sexual well-being in men. Evid Based Complement Altern Med, Epub 2012, 429268.
- 7. Ho, C.C., & Tan H.M. (2011). Rise of herbal and traditional medicine in erectile dysfunction management. Curr Urol Rep, 12(6), 470-8.
- 8. Kumar, S., & Sharma, A. (2005). Anti-anxiety studies on homeopathic formulations of Turnera aphrodisiaca Ward. Evid Based Complement Altern Med, 2(1), 117-9.
- 9. Estrada-Reyes, R., Ortiz-López, P., Gutiérrez-Ortíz, J., et al. (2009). Turnera diffusa Wild (Turneraceae) recovers sexual behaviour in sexually exhausted males.
- J Ethnopharmacol, 123, 423-9.
- 10. Sing, A., & Duggal, S. (2009). Piperine – Review of advances in pharmacology. Int J Pharmaceut Sci Nanotechnol, 2(3), 615-20.
Look for the ISURA certification
ISURA is Canada's only independent natural health supplement and food product verification and certification organization that provides mass spectrometry and non-GMO testing from seed to table. ISURA's Standard for Natural Health Products is among the world's highest. The threshold limits and other components of the ISURA Standard meet or exceed standards or recommendations for Natural Health Products set by global and national organizations. Furthermore, ISURA's analytical testing laboratories meet ISO 17025 laboratory and methodology standards, and ISURA's quality management system is ISO 9001 certified.