Preparation time 20 min- Cook Time 15 minutes
- 4 cups cooked pasta (use family favourite pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 oz Sun Dried Tomatoes not packed in oil, about 16 ( chopped)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bitesize pieces ( use prepared chicken to decrease cooking time)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 1-1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper until fragrant, about 30 seconds
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped cooked chicken, saute for 2 minutes
- Stir the pasta into the tomatoes.
- Pour in the reserved pasta cooking water letting it bubble for a couple minutes, stirring to coat the pasta.
- Fold in the Parmesan followed by the arugula.
- Garnish with parsley and additional cheese before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Eat cold with additional greens or warm in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove with a little olive oil.
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | PolyunsaturatedFat: 2g | MonounsaturatedFat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 804mg | Potassium: 2394mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 171mg | Iron: 7mg