Cilantro Lime White Bean Salad
Prep: 15 min. + standing Makes 6 servings
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- Place bulgur in a large bowl; stir in boiling water. Let stand, covered, until bulgur is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Drain well, pressing out excess water. Cool completely.
- Add beans, tomato, onion, red peppers and cilantro; gently toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over bulgur mixture; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate. Top with avocado just before serving.
2/3 cup: 245 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 2 starch.