- Nutritionist Karlene Karst, BSc
SERVINGS: 4-8 PREP TIME: 20 MINS COOK TIME: 20 MINS
- 1 lb halibut or cod fish
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1½ cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- To assemble tacos
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Guacamole (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and herbs. Add fish and gently stir to coat in marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or if you’re short on time, cook immediately.
- Lightly spray the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish. Lay fish in dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine lime juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and grapeseed oil on high speed until creamy. Add cilantro and blend until dressing is flecked with green.
- Place cabbage, carrot, and bell pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing to taste and toss until vegetables are well coated. Set aside.
- To assemble, warm tortillas on both sides in a clean frying pan over medium heat. Top warm tortilla with lime coleslaw and a few pieces of fish. Garnish with a dollop of guacamole, and serve with your favorite hot sauce, if desired.