Lemony Turkey Rice Soup
Turkey is a great source of protein and the added veggies provide a healthy bowl of vitamins & and minerals too!
Servings 8 ( 2 quarts) Prep/Cooking time 30 minutes
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
Add chopped carrots for added veggies)
- In a large saucepan, combine first 4 ingredients and 5-1/2 cups broth. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and cilantro.
1 cup: 166 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.